Manual Lymphatic Drainage
or find out more below.
What is MLD?
Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) is a specialised technique that can be used to treat many injuries and pathologies.
MLD provides many benefits for your clients, particularly with assisting the body to detoxify, speed up healing times and provide well-being through excellent cellular and tissue health.
MLD not only stimulates the vital functions of the skin, tissues and internal organs, but also serves to eliminate cellular waste and stimulate the parasympathetic relaxation response inhibiting muscle tonus and pain.
MLD provides an excellent alternative when regular massage is contraindicated and can also be used as part of an overall treatment in conjunction with any other modality.
It is a fabulous addition to the toolbox of Massage and Myotherapists.
How does it work?
The application of MLD works in a number of ways. Firstly the manual ‘traction’ on the skins surface allows the underlying anchoring filaments to be ‘lifted’ thus allowing more room for fluid movement.
Secondly the manual activation of each node group allows the nodes themselves to work at a faster rate thus clearing fluid more effectively and efficiently.
MLD increases both node and tissue health by allowing swifter removal of waste products and also increasing the production of more immunocompetent cells.
This unique training course covers the many dimensions of Manual Lymphatic Drainage with a focus on area specific delivery and integration with other treatment modalities.
All areas of the body will be reviewed and students will be provided with an understanding of the lymphatic system.
Illustration for students from a hands on perspective on how to achieve complete evacuation of lymph nodes and complete drainage of specific areas
Review of current research in the area and the efficacy of MLD within this research
Demonstration and practice of exact area specific
Development of specific treatment ‘prescription’ for effective results using MLD with other treatment modalities.
By the end of this two-day certification course, you’ll possess the ability to understand and perform lymphatic drainage with confidence and skill. You will also learn how to use it as part of your other favorite treatment modalities to produce excellent and immediate results for your clients every treatment, every time.
Student Enrollment ( you must be a full time massage therapy or myotherapy student to apply for this) $350
CPE points applicable with various associations in both Australia and Canada.
- Melbourne 10th & 11th March at Victoria University - Whitten Oval Campus - Level 2 - 417 Barkly Street, West Footscray
- Melbourne 5th & 6th May at venue as above
- Melbourne 17th & 18th November at venue as above
- Adelaide 21st & 22nd April at Clarity Massage and Wellness, North Adelaide
- Adelaide 24th & 25th November at Clarity Massage and Wellness, North Adelaide
- Bathurst 12th & 13th May at Macquarie Natural Therapies
- Canberra 28th & 29th July
- Perth 7th & 8th July at Vivacious Living Centre, Ardross
- Sydney 11th & 12th August at The Centre, Randwick
- Gold Coast 24th & 25th February at Firm-n-Fold, Burleigh Heads
- Gold Coast 15th & 16th September at Firm-n-Fold, Burleigh Heads
- Edmonton - Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th October 2018 at Hotel Varscona - Whyte Ave, Strathcona (9.30am-5pm)
- Saskatoon - Wednesday 10th and Thursday 11th October 2018 at RAMADA SASKATOON, 806 Idylwyld Drive North, Saskatoon SK (9.30am-5pm)
Students: If you're a student, enter the promo code "STUDENT" for an exclusive $100 off!
Note: We use PayPal to securely process payments, but you don't need a PayPal account to pay.
As an alternative payment method, you can send an electronic bank transfer to:
Name: S.M & M.J Vassallo
BSB: 633 000
Acc: 162 286 421
Bank: Bendigo Bank
(Remember to use your name as the transaction reference!)